Feeling grateful and showing appreciation are key to creating more of what you want. Do you know the difference between gratitude and appreciation? Dictionary.com defines gratitude as “the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful.” Appreciation is “gratitude; thankful recognition.” It sounds like they’re the same. But when you look closer, you’ll see that appreciation is something you do, not feel. Thankful recognition is showing how grateful you are for what you’re given.
More Appreciation = More Joy
When you’re grateful, you’ll bring more joy into your life. When you show appreciation, you’re acting on your gratitude. These acts help you create more of what you want in your life. What to know more, check out this short video.
Here’s a few steps to get you started embracing your sensitivities and appreciating these as the gifts they are:
- Check out this video on the 10 Strengths of a Highly Sensitive Person.
- Write “I am grateful for [pick one strength from the video].
- Close your eyes, breath in through your nose and out through your mouth 10 times.
- While you’re breathing, say what you wrote in #2 and keep repeating it for all 10 breaths.
- When you are done with your breaths and saying what you’re grateful for, open you eyes.
- Now write down how you’ll show appreciation for your strengths by committing to act on it. Example…”I’m grateful for being sensitive and will show compassion wherever I go.”
So…How Do You Feel?
These simple steps give you power to show the world that being a deep feeler (aka HSP) is AWESOME! Doing them once won’t miraculously make your heart’s desire come true. It takes commitment AND practice EVERYDAY! Are you committed to embracing your HSP strengths (I call them Super Powers) and sharing them with the world? If you are, type “YES” in the comments below and get started!