Have you ever felt (not literally) the light going on in your mind? That “aha” moment when you realize…”yes that’s it!” For me, everything changed when one light went on. For most of my life, I thought the walls I built to protect myself are from childhood trauma. That’s not necessarily true anymore.
OMG…I’m a What?
I recently discovered I’m a Highly Sensitive Person (I prefer “Deep Feeler”). This means you’re more sensitive to things around you. And process them differently than most people. You might also be a deep feeler if you…
- Feel anxious when you have too much to do and little time to do it.
- Need to withdraw from everything, and everyone, to get privacy or relief.
- Were told you’re “too sensitive” or “shy.”
- Cry easily.
Check out this video about some other challenges deep feelers may face.
Once I discovered that I’m a deep feeler, my thinking completely changed. Yes, trauma from my childhood helped build my walls. But it’s my sensitivity, which is a genetic trait, that influenced how much trauma impacts me.
Yes…being a highly sensitive person has its challenges. But there’s a lot of good things too! I like to think of them as SUPER POWERS!
What does it mean to be a Deep Feeler?
You’re unique and just what the world needs. Unfortunately as a deep feeler, things can be very hard. Because you’re easily overstimulated, you can quickly become overwhelmed. You get more stressed and then fear (a.k.a. ego) steps in! Fear is a dark cloud that makes it difficult to see your “light going on” moment. Break up that cloud by slowing down, asking for help, and being open to receive that help. That’s exactly what I did! Now “aha” moments come to me all the time.
Embracing your sensitive super powers starts with these basic steps:
When you do them, you’ll be shining bright in no time. With the right tools, patience, and a LOT of practice you’ll learn to LOVE your new super powers! Ready for the first step? Type “I AM READY” in the comments below and take action. And remember, you’re not alone!
- Why Journaling is Really a Powerful Way to Improve Your Mental Health
- How a Daily Meditation Practice Quickly Improves Your Life
- Why Successful Role Models Can Actually Be Great Motivators
- 7 Fascinating Ways Being Committed To Yourself Brings Positive Change
- How Being a Highly Sensitive Person Can Really Effect Your Life Forever
- Ready to fully embrace life as a highly sensitive person?